Aside of its beaches and exciting activities like snorkeling and diving, Batam also well-knows for its nightlife. Batam has so many pubs, bars and nightclubs. These places were always crowded by many expats, tourists and locals. That is why pubs, bars and nightclubs is still alive and busy all night. Interested to know more about Batam nightlife? Where to go, recommended places? This article was edited on November 2017 to keep information updated.
Batam Nightlife around Nagoya
There are two main nightlife activity areas in Batam, they are downtown of Nagoya and Waterfront City Marina
Nagoya is very well-known area in Batam. Most of the people coming to Batam, will visit here at least once.
We can say that Nagoya is the center of nightlife in Batam. Nagoya is the main city of Batam as a business center as well as an entertainment center. The majority of pubs, bars and nightclubs located in Nagoya.
Not to mention that most of the hotels in Batam, are there also in Nagoya. Batam largest mall, Nagoya Hill also in Nagoya.
So for those of you who seeking nightlife in Batam, then Nagoya is a great place to go and enjoy the beats and glitter of bars, pubs and nightclubs. And lies between the pubs and bars to the other can be reached only on foot, because it is adjacent, even to each other.
Besides, hotels in Nagoya also has a pub or bar itself, so if you stay at the hotel did not have far to go to the pub or bar.
Pubs and Bars in Nagoya
Area around Harmoni Hotel, Panorama Regency Hotel, and Goodway Hotel is known as the area of Nagoya Entertainment District, or often called the NED.
Along the way there are plenty of pubs, bars and nightclubs such as:
- Lucy’s Oarhouse which is the most popular pub in Batam which also serves meals and snacks.
- Go Go Bar
- PP Banana which is open from 2 pm only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Rio Rita, located just opposite Lucy’s Oarhouse.
- Jungle Bar, on the right side of Lucy’s Oarhouse which is the oldest bar in Batam.
- Classics, located next to the Jungle Bar.
- Red Cock Inn, located just opposite Classics which offers a menu of Europe and Asian.
- Ice Pub, located next to Classics, which is also one of the oldest pubs in Batam.
- Step Music Lounge
- Hard Chilli Cafe
- George’s Bar
- Last Pub
- Red Rose
- Beyond Bars
If you just want to enjoy a night at the bar or pub in the hotel where you stay, the list below can be a reference:
- Tampico is a Mexican themed bar at the Novotel Hotel
- Tavern is located in Panorama Regency Hotel
- Planet Holiday Hotel with a bar on the rooftop exactly on the 21st floor.
- Wine Bar in Goodway Hotel.
If you like live music or clubbing then Nagoya offers many options Nightclubs Live Music, among others:
- No Name bar at Harmoni Hotel
- Sphinx and Ozone Nightclubs is very popular among local residents of Batam.
- Pacific Discotheque at the Pacific Hotel.
- The Summit at Planet Holiday Hotel.
In addition, in Nagoya are also many karaoke bars (KTV) by offering songs from Asia, China, Japan, Korea and western songs. KTV popular in Batam is Memory KTV and Hawaii KTV.
Pubs and Bars in Waterfront City Marina
Although not as much as in Nagoya, but the pubs and bars in Waterfront City is very close to Waterfront City Ferry Terminal, is only about 100 meters away so easy access from Singapore.
Characteristic bar at Waterfront City is becoming one with restaurant and bar. The advantages of the area Waterfront City is there are many places for sports activities such as Cable Ski, go kart racing, water skiing, banana boating, bowling at Harris Resort Hotel.
Pub and Bar at Waterfront City are:
- The Queen’s Restaurant & Cafe, this is a restaurant and bar that is most popular in the Waterfront City area much visited by expatriates who are working in the area of Tanjung Uncang.
- Danny’s II Bar is located next to Queen’s Restaurant & Cafe, a bar offering beer and wine selection is open from 5 pm until dawn.
- The Monkey Bar is a bar that is located on the beach exactly behind Harris Resort Hotel.