Achievement of foreign tourists visited to Batam in 2013 has been phenomenal since surpassed the target set. The government’s target for tourist arrivals to Batam was 1,250,000 people, but actual results may reach more than 1,300,000 people. And in 2014 the Batam city government expects tourist arrivals to Batam 1,350,000 up to 1,400,000 people.
To achieve the target of foreign tourist arrivals would need to hold a lot of events that could attract tourists. And the big event which will be held in Batam is National MTQ. And there is one more activity that is organized independently by the event organizer SimpleProject Production supporting the National MTQ, that is Batam International Hijab Festival 2014. Which will be held in the Kepri Mall on 5th to 8th June 2014.
Batam International Hijab Festival is a grand title in the fashion industry and the Muslim hijab. According to Denny, SimpleProject Production Operations Manager, International Hijab festival is held in Batam as its concrete actions to support the government of Batam in increasing foreign and domestic tourist arrivals to Batam. Besides, he wanted to contribute to the Batam government to make Batam city as a activity center of creative industry in Indonesia .
Batam International Hijab Festival event will be followed by manufacturers Muslim fashion, famous designers from Indonesia, businesses, resellers, retailers and of course hijabers community in Batam or Indonesia. This event will also be attended by participants from neighboring countries such as Singapore, Malaysia and Brunei Darussalam which incidentally has a sizeable Muslim population in the country, hence the festival titled as Batam International Hijab Festival .
Batam International Hijab Festival activities include exhibits or expo of hijab fashion and supporting products, as well as the title of hijab fashion show of Indonesian designers. There are 8 types of activity in the arena of Batam International Hijab Festival 2014 , namely :
- Hijab Fashion Show, Muslim and hijab fashion show of famous Indonesian designers.
- Trade & Retail, Exhibition and Expo of the hijab and Muslim fashion business to showcase its flagship products.
- Entrepreneurship, business meeting and talk shows businesses hijab and Muslim fashion.
- Cosmetics, cosmetic halal products exhibition and talk show tips to choose cosmetic for Muslim women.
- Hijab Tutorial , Tutorials veil of wear hijab from instructor and hijabers community.
- Halal Food Expo, exhibition and talk show halal food.
- Photography, on the spot photography competition.
- Modern Theme, talk show hijab fashion themes that will be the trend this year and next year .
With so a complete activities in Batam International Hijab Festival 2014 are expected will attract 2,000 visitors / day . International Festival will be held as annual event and is expected to become an annual official agenda of Batam City Tourism Office. This event is to be a support for the Indonesian as a Center of Muslim Fashion in the World 2020.